Monday, October 12, 2009

The Cure for Turkey Hangover

I have the very good fortune to be married to a wonderful man who is a fantastic chef. Yesterday we shared our home with family and friends for an amazing Turkey Dinner in honour of Thanksgiving (can you tell we're Canadian yet?). I am thankful for all the members of my family and those friends who mean so much to me. I am thankful for the chance to spend another day with their company. I look at all the wonderful things in my life and know I am a very lucky woman.

Today however, the inevitable has occurred - the Turkey Hangover - that state of semi-paralysis where no chore looks feasible and the sofa and television look incredibly appealing.

I have decide the cure for this year's turkey hangover is physical labour. My husband and I shed our lethargic state and went outside in the cool day to finish the assembly of a storage shed in our backyard. I also worked on a couple of very minor outdoor chores too, and in the end, felt a wonderful sense of satisfaction. The Turkey Hangover did not get the best of me this year. I used my spare time to both do something constructive with my partner and have a result that the whole family will benefit from in the years to come.

Now, where's that sofa, I need a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment