Saturday, October 17, 2009

Creative Outlets

I've always had creative outlets in my life from the time I was 5 years old. Still, as an adult, we seem to lose touch with all the creative ways we used to express ourselves. Part of my creativity was based on learning old school homemaking skills from my mother - sewing, knitting, embroidery, crochet - and I expanded that with other variations - quilting, cross stitch, and needlepoint. I've used my sewing skills to help make window coverings lately for my home, but otherwise I've left those things sitting in a pile waiting for my attention.

Part of the spare time challenge is reconnecting to my creative side. Our basement is unfinished and used primarily for storage. I've decided today I'm going to clean up a corner for my use and get back to working on those creative outlets I once enjoyed so much. To motivate me today, I'm going shopping with one of my best friends, who also happens to be a very creative person. That will be my incentive to work hard this morning to get my corner set up.

Maybe my family will see what I'm doing and get motivated to learn or relearn creative hobbies too. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment