Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

That time honoured tradition of seeing the year start with the making of promises that may only have the hope of lasting 5 minutes is one I relish every year. I actually think I have a shot at these ones.

1) Put away all Christmas decorations by end of tomorrow. (We're a full week into January already so it's about time!)

2) Clean up the home office. We've let it get messy and a messy desk is not the most productive one. This I want to do next week, but trying to be successful at these resolutions this year, I'm giving myself until the end of January.

3) Find a job - let's face it, unemployment, for those who want to be employed, SUCKS! I have many irons in the proverbial fire, but I actually have to make something come of at least one of them.

4) Make drapes for the office. We have a room we use as a home office (same messed up room as #2 above) and I have the material to make drapes for the office. I just need to dust off the sewing machine and get this job done. Again, I hope to do this by end of next week, but I'm giving myself until the end of January to complete this.

5) I want to exercise 4 days a week for a minimum of 30 minutes. I'm not doing weight loss goals this year, although I do want to get in better shape, but I just want to improve my fitness level.

6) I have a certificate I've been working towards earning through a self-paced on-line program for months and I want to complete it by the end of Jan. It's feasible if I can focus for 2 hours a day for 4 days per week between now and then.

I'll be honest enough to keep how I'm doing posted here. Do you have resolutions you want to share here too? By all means.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your resolutions, especially on the job front. That's always a tough one.

    My primary resolution is: work before I play. Which means I will do my chores before I play with my quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that one too! I appreciate the words of support.

    ReplyDelete